Thursday, 31 January 2013

I Am 21!

Wow, so huge apologies for the lag in posting! I don't think I'll ever be a regular blogger, I'm just constantly busy! I'm not complaining as I love being busy. January has been hectic for me;I've been studying for my exams and now I'm knuckling down to my dissertation! Any free time I seem to spend training for my 10k race or enjoying my last few months of university.

I turned 21 back in mid December but as we all know I'm not the best for keeping my blog up to date!

It was my last day of term at uni, and I didn't have lectures so I just had a chilled morning, opened the few cards that had reached my house (Coventry post is notorious for being slow!)

Hugh sent me this amazing homemade card - it rivals the one he made for my 18th!

After a chilled morning, I waited for the arrival of four of my nearest and dearest. We had planned to go ice skating on the outdoor rink in town but it was far too rainy. Instead we settled for some mulled wine and birthday cake at mine...


These sparklers set off our fire alarm. Oops!

Then we got glammed up and headed out to Gatecrasher in Birmingham...


With the girls from back home 
 Faith and Molly, the two best friends anyone could ever ask for

My housemate and best friend Amy,who I wouldn't have made it through uni without!



My dress was an extravagant purchase from Topshop, my shoes were Miss Selfridge and my clutch was a birthday present from Amy last year! I had an amazing birthday, and despite turning 21 almost six weeks ago I still have more plans; the Ritz with my Mum and Grandma and a cake decorating workshop which Hugh bought me!

3 comments:

Vix said...

Lovely to see you pop up in my blog reader! You and your girlfriends all looked beautiful but I liked your colourful dress the best!
Hugh's card is fantastic, a homemade card's a sign of true love. xxx

pastcaring said...

Belated happy 21st! It looks as though you had a fabulous night out, you all look very glamorous! Hugh made you a card? How sweet is that?! xxx

Louise Mc said...

Happy birthday for 6 weeks ago lovely lady. It looks like you had a wonderful time, and you look absolutely beautiful in that dress.